Friday, November 7, 2008

I'm Back.

I'm back! At least, I think I am. I think that I have been MIA, for almost two months. I really haven't felt inspired to post. But, I think I feel the fires rekindling.

For starters, I'm not sure whether I am amused or in disbelief over people's reaction to President Elect Obama? For the record, I did not support Obama or McCain. In fact, I voted almost 100% Libertarian. But, that's neither here nor there.

What perplexes me, is the naivety of a good portion of the American people. I'm seeing t-shirts that have a picture of Obama, with the words progress below him. On TV, they are saying that we are going to see change. Now, by-and-large, these are celebrities of some form or fashion. I have considered the source. However, I don't believe for one second that they are the only ones that believe that Obama represents change and/or progress. Are people really that naive? Or, do they hold some obscure definition of change and progress? Ladies and gentlemen, I am hear to tell you that the kind of change and progress this country needs is not going to come from a Republican or a Democrat. The sooner we all come to that conclusion, the sooner we can wrestle the country back from elephants and asses.

Obama does seem to have inspired a great number of people. I think that that is fantastic. This is indeed an historical election. However, that is exactly the kind of narrow minded thinking that has led us to the edge. People should look no further than the nearest mirror, if they want to see where the source of real progress and change spawns from. Obama is not the saviour. If we truly want progress and change, we have to be personally responsible for the fate of our nation.

I think it is funny that people laugh, when you tell them that you voted for a third party candidate. They say things like, "why did you even vote" or "they have no chance of winning." On the latter, I say they are absolutely right. As long as the people that are laughing continue to mindlessly support republicans and democrats, a third party candidate isn't going to have a real chance. They should be laughing at themselves, however. How can anyone continue to put their support behind either of the two major parties? I challenge those people to take a look at where our country is at right now. Now, think back to all of the major party senators, representatives and presidents of the past 100 years. They have repeatedly shown that they are not fit to govern. And those that laugh have continued laughing and blindly giving them their support. What if they called a plumber out to do a job for them and the plumber did a crappy job (pardon the pun). Would they turn around and call him back out, whenever they had another plumbing problem? I for one, would not.
Why did I even vote? Because, I firmly believe in showing support to parties that want to govern this country as it was intended to be governed. Let's send the elephants back to the circus and the asses back to the pasture.

Flatulent Fuzz

3 comments:

Call Me Mom said...

Welcome back!
I was flipping through the channels this evening and came across an interview. I don't know who it was. The question that got my attention was along the lines of:'Will America's election of a black president repair the damage done to the American image abroad by things like Abu Gahraib(sp?) and Guantanamo Bay? ' The implication was that it would and that America desperately needed to repair it's image abroad.

Flatulent Fuzz said...

I am completely bewildered, by the segment of the population that is so concerned with how we are viewed by other countries. What I can't figure out is, the size of this pristine reputation contingent. As much talk as we here about our reputation over seas, one would think that there are a lot of people concerned about this idea. However, I wonder if we aren't dealing with a small group that has a big mouth?

I don't share, nor do I understand, their level of concern regarding what other people think. Perhaps, they think that this is a popularity contest? Why don't they try putting just half of that concern in to the well being of our country. I think that they would be amazed at what could be accomplished, if they spent their time focusing on the problems in their own country. What good does it do to have a good reputation abroad, when our very foundation is collapsing.

Flatulent Fuzz

Terry Morris said...

Bwahahaha!!!

I love this week's "quote of the week", and of course I love the author.

Very good return post too. Good to see you back.

Mom, your spelling of Abu ... whatever is close enough. ;-)