Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Bumper Stickers...

I fully believe that I am going to be in the minority on this, but I must put it out there anyway. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why it is that people like to place bumper stickers on their vehicles professing their pride in their children's achievements. Why is important that everyone else know that you are proud of your child? In my view, the only person that needs to know that your are proud of your child is your child. Am I wrong?

Flatulent Fuzz

1 comment:

Terry Morris said...

I suppose I don't see much wrong with recognizing, in one form or another, a child's outstanding achievements in a given area. I think that one of the issues here is that often parents are not recognizing outstanding achievements as a result of outstanding effort on the part of the child, but merely "average" (or barely above average) achievements which require little effort on the child's part. And that when this minor effort is not recognized in a major way to the parent's or the child's satisfaction, then the parent feels compelled to announce to the world that "my child is on the principal's honor roll at xyz elementary."

Well isn't that special!