Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Rev.

The recent comments made, by Rev. Jesse Jackson, about Barack Obama have gotten my mental gears turning. For those that haven't read or heard the comments.. here's the link http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/09/jesse.jackson.comment/index.html

The first thing that came to my mind, when I read those comments, was that that is awfully salty language for a Reverend to be using. Then, I began to wonder, what kind of Reverend uses that kind of language and should a Reverend be using that kind of language. I realize that nobody is perfect, but if a reverend can't hold himself to a higher standard, then who can?? After entertaining those thoughts, I was struck by another question. A much more important question, I think. Should a reverend be entertaining thoughts of physically harming another person? Whether those thoughts be public or private.

Even if he had used a more scientific dialogue to convey his sentiments, the sentiment remains the same.

Ultimately, my concern lies in the fact that a life long reverend would entertain such violent imagery. Do I think that he would actually follow through with those comments? No. Do I think that Reverend Jackson needs to hold himself to a higher standard, in public and in private, and set a better example? Yes.

Flatulent Fuzz

2 comments:

Terry Morris said...

I'm going to be sending you information for embedding your links within words as part of your articles. Look for it.

This comment will self-destruct within 24 hrs. of its posting. ;-)

-Your bro

Terry Morris said...

"Do I think that Reverend Jackson needs to hold himself to a higher standard, in public and in private, and set a better example? Yes."

Agreed. But I wouldn't hold my breath on it. The Reverend Jackson is notorious for his passionate outbursts and his inability to control them, among other things. He and the right Reverend Jeremiah Wright are two peas in a pod so far as I can tell.